Sunday 18 May 2014

18th May weekly catch up - biggest swimming week ever

I might need to borrow some new arms to write this post :)  With this morning's 7k swim I've completed my biggest (swimming camp weeks excluded) swimming week ever :) - 32.1k.  Not too shabby.  My mood has been pretty low for most of the week, due to general depression-ness I guess, work stress and overtiredness, but there has been a lot of swimming.  And that has felt good mainly in terms of achievement, but some of the outdoor swimming has been particularly pleasant.

Without further ado, what did I do?
Monday. 3.25k pool swim am.  2k lake swim pm.  That was not one of the more pleasant lake swims of the week, still quite overcast and pouring with rain at various points which makes it hard to change in and out of swimmers outside.
Tuesday. 3k pool swim, my only drills session.  Had quite a good sports massage in the pm which meant that
Wednesday. 3k pool swim was a bit sore.
Thursday. 6k pool swim, I was still feeling pretty tired and in a bad mood, but it was done.
Friday was a rest day but I managed to cycle both ways to and from work since before the accident.
Saturday was the most incredibly pleasant lake swim for a long time.  I was coaching the beginners again, but the sun was shining and the water was pretty warm.  I only had a group of 6 this week and I had a volunteer to help me and it all seemed to go really well, completing drills to make them feel more comfortable swimming with other people close by.  I was loathe to get out I have to say, especially as there wasn't the option for me to do my own swim at the lake then, so it was off to the swimming pool, which was surprisingly busy for such a sunny day to complete 6k.  Unfortunately my wrist was clonked by another swimmer and I spent 40 of the lengths in tears but otherwise it was ok.
Sunday Up early again today

So, this week coming up is a "lighter" week, where I ease off a little before three more hard weeks, an easier week, two hard weeks, and then an easy week ending in Windermere!  Of course, a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have considered a goal of 27k easy ;-)  I'm not quite sure how this 27k will pan out as I am keen to do some longish swimming again next weekend but I know my body does need a little bit of a rest.  I guess it also depends on the weather too.  Other task for this week is to get booked in to see the osteopath before too long.

Monday
3k pool swim am, 2k lake swim pm
Tuesday
2.5k pool swim (outdoor pool perhaps?)
Wednesday
2.5k pool swim.  Physio.
Thursday
5k pool swim
Friday
Off
Saturday
Coaching am
5k pool swim?
Sunday
7k lake swim?

Actually I feel a bit sad and weird about cutting the numbers down this week!  My heart is saying more, more, more, but I know I need to be sensible and listen to my head telling me to have an easier week, certainly swimming wise.  I guess I might try to go between home and work on the bike a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment